Thursday, August 12, 2010

Family Update

Hey! I know it has been a long time since I've updated my blog. So here goes..... My last couple of posts were about my health. After I had posted my last entry, I found out that I had border-line hypertension. I kind brushed it off not thinking it was very serious. I went back to my doctor in June and my blood-pressure was still high. She put me on a couple of medications and really urged me to start losing weight and exercising.

I finally decided I needed to do something and that I was the only person that could do it. I started going to a Health Management nurse at my husband's work. I see her every week for my weight and my blood-pressure. She encouraged me to go on a 1800-1600 calorie diet and to drastically lower my sodium. I've been going to her about 5 weeks. I have to keep a food journal and take my blood-pressure a couple times a day.

I also started exercising. I joined Curves and have been doing various other exercises. I am down more than 10lbs, and can already tell a difference in the way I feel. My husband has started excercising and watching his calories also. It helps that we are doing it together!

We have had a great summer! The Lord had allowed us to spend the majority of the summer at home together, and I think we are closer as a family. We got to take a vacation to my in-laws and had a blast. We are going back the week of Labor Day.

We are having Jacob and Caleb's Birthday party on Saturday, so there will be some pictures to post!

1 comment:

Shane and Kristy Davis said...

That's great that you have lost 10 pounds! Way to go!
Sorry to hear about your health problems.
Glad to see ya back around!